Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dont know whether to be happy or to be irritated

For most people who know me and are in cue with the latest developments in my life would know that I am in this new corporate job where my profile is specifically to look at cases of sexual harassment at workplace. Now, till here it is fine, but the problem is that I have to wait for the cases to be reported or complaints to be made, there is complete reluctance for any other activity with regards to this aspect to be carried out for the fear that unnecessarily we will encourage people to file cases. The point remains that the best way to make sure you dont get cases of sexual harassment at your workplace is to talk about sexual harassment, what it is , why it is an issue, and other dimensions of sexual harassment so that it is not a taboo anymore and colleagues can talk about it...but somehow this does not seem to percolate down in the minds of the decesion makers. Anyways what this leaves me is with this endless wait, loads of time, internet connection with a number of sites inaccessable (gmail and the like) and this whole disconnect with the entire office, you know there is crazy activity going on and i am just doing my thing somewhere... I know I have told myself a number of times that this is my time to chill, catch up on reading and writing, apply for courses here and there etc etcetc, but sometimes that does'nt seem good enough...Hmmm am finally going to get an internet connection at home, I guess that will atleast bridge the gap for me in my personal internet communication issues. Lets see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew that you write so well Anubha, keep it up.

A piece of unsolicited advice to you. Employ your surplus time in something meaningful. May be you write articles on law of subject of your choice and get it published.

YOu will get noticed, all the best