Monday, August 25, 2008

Black or white

Just have been wondering, do i really look at everything as black and white or do I actually acknowledge the greys?? Why is it that for me either it will work or it will not work, there is no mid way, but then mid way means make it work, does'nt it? I think it has got a lot to do with my profession, u know being a lawyer either u are here or there, u cannot really be in the grey about a case, but the fact remains that most aspects of life are grey..but then how do u strike a balance? i dont even know if I am making any sense!! You know the moment i feel that something is not going to work I begin to negate the aspects that made me believe that it will work, because the thing that according to me is not going to make it work will not change either..I think the difference lies in believing that it will work no matter what and constantly checking it out like a fence sitter...hmmmm thats what it is, it is about what i believe and not basing my belief on what happens...after all I am the queen of my universe!

3 comments:

Muthu said...

Hmmmm......I understand what you are saying. All I have to add is that you are queen of your universe no doubt but it will be a while before you become the undisputed monarch. And it is then that you will begin appreciating the greys and truly understanding them with regard to their place under the sun. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy the growing up years!!!

Anonymous said...

My two cents: It is quite hard for most people, not just lawyers, to look at the greys. I think it comes easier when you realize that you yourself resent being judged that way... and then it dawns upon you. I think I was a very B/W person until it hit me - quite hard- that noone is really perfect and the B/W approach leads one to make really hasty and biased decisions/judgements. I think it's all about taking a moment, stepping back and forcing oneself to weigh pros and cons. Any change starts with "realization". Don't intend to sound preachy, but I related to this post :-)

anugem said...

Hey thanks a lot muthu and Ms. butterflies!! As you can see I have already jumped over to new thoughts and ponderings and baddbadd!!! Teehee, but it does still come back to me, dont really know about black white or grey so i guess im going to be contented with the rainbow!!!