Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Monkey Maddness!!

Ho hum.... tuesday morning...was able to make it to office on Monday, although not in time as usual so in that sense this week started a little differently... actually very differently first of all I was in Nagpur for a human rights meeting and I lost my wallet!!! Boohoooo it had all the things that you can think a wallet can contain and even more! So anyways I came back and spent some part of my monday morning in damage control and then went to office came back and cooked dinner and happily went to sleep.. Of course, I am reading the Hobbit and strangely whatever i read I dream of so it becomes thoda difficult for me to differentiate between reality and dream world. Now that I think of it, I think it is the same for a lot of my life!!! (Anubha concentrate, that's not what you started this for remember... monkey??!!)

Haan so anyways, I get up this morning to a smiling help and a great morning and I decide to make some lovely breakfast (I have been craving for hot toast filled with aloo masala for ever now.... the amount of cravings I am having I will have to stop blaming PMS for it!!) So i made some of that and with a plate full of sandwiches was just getting out of my kitchen. Before I move further let me tell you a little bit about my house. So it is on the 4th floor and is on the terrace and we have three different doors all in a straight line, one leading to one room, the other to the kitchen and the third to a set of two rooms. I get out of the kitchen adn just in time I see a monkey sitting on the ledge of the wall next to my room.....panic panic i lock myself in the kitchen and start calling out to suchi whose room is with mine and I tell her not to open the door as there is a monkey sitting there (pause: now suchi is someone who gets startled even if you walk past her into your own room at any point of time, sometimes i think she is going to have a heart attack if i walk past too often!!!) so anyways she starts banging the door to make the monkey go away. I muster some courage and open the kitchen door adn get out to see where is the monkey... well the monkey is happily sitting in the passage on the rack where we keep our prized ceramic bowls and glasses etc. I run back into the kitchen and suchi continues to bang the door.. obviously, this is not getting anywhere so i run into the other room and wake our third counter part who quite sleepily gets up and goes out of the room and picks up a broom lying on the terrace to scare the monkey, by now we discover there are two monkeys!!!! As soon as she threatens the monkey with a broom he/she jumps towards us.... we both (with her wide awake now!!!) scamper back into the room and wait.....tick tock tick tock.... in the meanwhile we use technology and call suchi on her mobile to find out the status (she btw is still banging the door!!). She informs us that from her window she cannot see the monkeys but she is sure they are in my room as she can hear noises there. I decide that I have to go and see what havock are these monkeys creating in my room (ofcourse this is only to get updated, coz I am very clear that I can't do jackshit about this!!) as soon as I open the door I see one monkey running away with a boiled potato in his hand, (whcih was in my fridge yikes!!) adn the other one has a packet of pistachios again plundered from my fridge in his hand, i wait and wait and then go out looking in all directions possible at the same time and then enter my room tiptoed... oh hell!! my entire room is filled with scattered boiled potatoes which i had saved for a rainy day (like this one!!)
Anyways i reach office and everyone is of the opinion that this is the wrath of lord hanuman.. as you see the logic is quite simple i lost my wallet on a saturday, which is hanuman's day and today is tuesday which (again) is hanuman's day and i get attacked by monkeys!! (hanuman in case you haven't noticed is a monkey god!) Clearly I see the begining of a new superstition!! and here i thought since in the hindu religion there are 300 crore gods and goddess each one will have a day to itself maybe once in my lifetime!! Anyways will visit some temple near home and say hello to lord monkey!!

2 comments:

KitchenKarma said...

hey grttt....we shld all go to hanuman mandir and pacify hanumanji so that he doesnt send his monkey reincarnations to visit us at any point of time...

anugem said...

can u see how we write exactly the same things about each other!!! heart attacks et al