Friday, July 4, 2008

Kathak kidhar??


With the new found 'free' time, I am out to conquer all that i always wanted to do but didnt have the time or the money for it. Well all that good intention saw the first victory in salsa classes..... so then the next step that we had decided was kathak. I have been dying to learn kathak ever since i can think. Of course my shcool in mumbai only offered Bharatnatyam so I promptly learnt BHarat natyam, but as soon as I had finished learning the steps, my teacher had a row with the school authorities so that ended right there. Then we had this new teacher who was one stylish babe and I was'nt particularly fond of her but anyways I started again with the steps and as soon as I had finished the steps again this teacher left my school. Ofcourse this time I atleast reached the first compilation Alaripu, but that ended there. After this my dancing was limited to some filmi stuff on stage and in gatherings of relatives!!!

So now my quest to learn Kathak began. I did some net searching and found a list of addresses and phone numbers of institutes taht offer Kathak. So yesterday I promptly started calling up those numbers. To my horror I was informed by the most reputed institutes that the forms had been filled in in June and the selection process was over!!! Oh hell why was I sleeping all this while???? Then most of the others asked my how old was my child for whom I was enquiring about the class!!!! Hey Bhagwan!! Anyways, I shall not be discouraged by these narrow minded people, so waht if I am 28 years old and it is too late, don't you remember, better late than never!!!!

2 comments:

Wasper said...

i never knew you are interested in dancing....

anugem said...

Dont I look like the kind who would be interested in naach gaana all the time!!1