Sunday, June 28, 2009

Old Monk Cutting

I dont quite remember when did i actually start drinking... no im not an alcoholic like that, occassional drinker thats all. But the fact remains that somewhere in graduation in Ruia is what i remember. We were preparing for the annual college fest and this time our princi dear was really giving us a tough time, behaving like the college is his own fiefdom and we are his slaves, so we were quite pissed off as it is.
I was in my final year i think, and I was also the cultural secretary of the college and for the college fest Utsav, i was the coordinator for performing arts so that was anyways quite a bit of craziness anyways.
I dont really remember how i got this name, maybe if the guys who gave this name to me read this post then they will be able to through light on this. There were a couple of guys who had joined the first year, but they were almost our age as they had dropped out of engeneering or sumthg so we anyways gelled quite well. Also in Mumbai there is a culture of cutting chai at the chai ka tapri. So somehow i got the reputation of being the one who instead of asking for cutting chai asks for old monk cutting.
This could also be as most guys find old monk too strong and call it the drink for the horses. One guy even told me that if i leave a piece of chicken in a glass of old monk, then by next morning that meat would have dissolved as the alcohol is so corrosive, which works fine for me frankly, i do need some fat to dissolve:)
So that ny friends is the story of how i came to be known as old monk cutting or OMC. I was chatting with one of these guys the other day and he actually referred to me as OMC.
BTW i got this name some 10 years ago!!!! WOW

1 comment:

kazi_joan said...

Ol monk being corrosive-shame on u - remember sis & gang wud down litters & claim no effects. and talkin abt corrosive think aerated drinks wud do more harm(so says the one who loves her drink)