Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Harry Potter and the world in general



Well, since this new job gives me a lot more time in my hands, not only after office but also in office, I decided that I should catch up on a lot of reading that had been pending for quite some time. My colleague introduced me to e versions of Harry Potter. All these years I kept wondering what the hell is the big deal??? why is everyone going crazy about HP? but then i discovered..... now in a months time I have finished reading 7 HP and am left feeling a void, now what??? There is constantly this feeling in my head somewhere that I will soon discover my own magical abilities and join the HP league of wizards and witches (ofcourse a lot of people who know me would think that I already am a witch, especially my mom who would lovingly call me and my sis 'chudail' when we were young). But i must say here that HP series have changed the way I look at the magical world, the whole image that was in my head about this world was of ghosts and witches who loved scaring the shit out of you, thats what has always been shown in the movies, there are very few which actually showed magic in good light and then the ramsay brothers did not leave any stone unturned to confirm my fears with the magical world. Ofcourse there were few things which did want me to have some magic in mylife like Shazaam, which was a cartoon that would be aired on DD2 during summer holidays in Mumbai.
I had thought that HP would be very childish and I may not enjoy it that much, but I was in for a complete surprise when I had read around 20 pages of the first HP, coz there was no turning back I had gotten completely sucked into the world of Harry Potter and all that happened around him. The seventh one is over now and I wish I could have a wand and a broomstick to use... Bye bye harry, hope to see you again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wait till mom reads this ... " chudail" it seems !!! btw ,, u are a good writer ... nice flow.