Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend

Hello all, This weekend I was in Shimla for a judges training on the PCPNDT Act (the law in India that regulates the use of ultrasound technology and prohibites selection of sex of the foetus). Will write about this law and all related stuff at a later stage!!
My colleauge Ritu and i had qualified for the duet singing competition finals which took place on friday in a far away office of my company in Noida. So i was quite worried about reaching for my bus to Shimla in time. I was taking a Volvo from Himachal Bhavan. Anyways I reached well in time and was waiting for my luggage and stuff to appear. The bus journey was quite peaceful, I slept quite well and eached coooolllllllddddd Shimla at 6 in the morning. The training was to begin at 9 so I had some time to rest and get ready.
Anyways the training went as usual. This was the last in the series for Himachal and I had kind of gotten used to the reactions that the judges give to a law like this and how the easiest solution that they can give is to curb legal abortions or track pregnancies, basically run around and follow the pregnant woman even to the loo but don't even touch the doctor who does the stuff and is actually the offender. It is amazing the number of times the doctors give the argument of demand and supply, because there is a demand they justify the violation of the law!! Its like saying that because there is a demand for sex, rape is justified!
As usual we were able to wake up the sleeping participants from their deep slumber at least for a bit... hmmm
The weather was lovely, but frankly after having seen palampur, dharamshala and kullu manali I thought Shimla was just ok. The best I liked was palampur, totally untouched and the snow capped peaks are right in your face, it is sooo lovely there! We went out in the evening to the Mall road, there was nothing to buy as the road was full of branded shops, we had some nice himachali food and headed back to HIPA (Himachal Institute of Public Administration) where we were staying. The next day we left in the afternoon to catch our train from Kalka and obviously on the way i stopped and bought fruit wine. The last time I had got a variety of flavours. This time i bought on plum wine, ummmm it is so lovely!! Now i am waiting for opportunities to beak into the case of wine....yummmmm!!

All in all it was an alright trip, now major work will take place as a follow up to the training... lets see where this goes:-)

1 comment:

Muthu said...

Hey...leave some for me; I should be rushing to your city soon.....