Friday, October 10, 2008

Durga Puja and Dusehra


This is the first time in my life that I did 2 things on Dussehra: First I visited Durga Puja Pandals in Bengal Land in Delhi i.e. CR Park and I witnessed an effigy of Ravan burning!!! I had 2 days chutti in my office so I was there in my old office chatting up with others. The most funny part is that the three of us (my 2 roomies et moi) will sit besides each other in office also and have our own conversation side main, obviously the others dont seem to get what the hell is going on...nyways! Yesterday all three of us got dressed in beautiful sarees and jewellry. I with another friend went off to see some of the pujo pandals in CR park, had some bengali food and came back to office. Then in the evening we got some people from office home as in the park opposite our house the ravana and co were to be burned. We have seen the artisits working on these effigys right from scratch and it was a pleasant site to see the entire structure ready and standing. ALthough some of the fireworks were quite nice, the effigy had only niosy stuff and that was a crazy experience. Our house btw had became an open air theatre there were people on our terrace, our landlords entire family, some of their freinds whom they permitted to view the site from balcony seats!
After the entire show got over, we had our own masti what with 3 bottles of wine vanishing and jaishree going a bit crazy, it was all quite fun!! Heehee this was a dusssehra i definitely won't phorget!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yooooooooooooooooooo

AiAiOh said...

PaaP ka Aunt...(pun)

wonder how many times in a year we celebrate victory of good over evil....